Auditions will be held on February 28th (Sunday) from 3pm- 5pm at Jackson Church (68 Bennetts Mills Rd., Jackson, NJ 08527). Everyone is welcome to participate, and everyone who auditions will get a part, although we are limited in the number of speaking parts available.
What are we looking for in auditions? We’re mainly looking at how prepared you are as well as singing/acting ability. We definitely prefer that you’ve memorized the words to your monologue and song.
To sign-up and audition:
1. Sign up for the performing arts class
You can sign up for the class:
Performing Arts Class (5-12th grades)
Junior Jammers (2-4th grades)
If you are a Junior Jammer (2nd-4th grade) please signup here. Auditions will be held in 10-minute blocks. Please arrive about 5-10 minutes early so that we can start right away!
2. Prepare a monologue
3. Optional: Prepare a song!
Listed below are suggested songs for auditions. Students are encouraged to prepare a song, however they may opt-out to be considered for a non-singing part. If you would like to use one of these songs you can choose to sing it a cappella (without music) or use the karaoke track. Each song listed has a link to the karaoke track that will be provided at auditions. If there is a song not listed below that you would like to sing a cappella at the auditions you may do so. Karaoke tracks can only be used with the songs listed below; we’ll only be providing the music, so please make sure you know the lyrics or bring them along!
- Almost There (from Princess and the Frog) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViDwVBdAc3k
- Beauty and the Beast (from Beauty and the Beast) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWoGvNofjbM
- Bippity Boppity Boo (from Cinderella) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdKRzIVWjkM
- Colors of the Wind (from Pocahontas) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_rpl4l4HE
- Cruella De Vil (from 101 Dalmatians) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wh8uCyfvs
- Go the Distance (from Hercules) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xswH-FZvwBQ
- Hakuna Matata (from The Lion King) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8ZSgZCeAQ
- In Christ Alone – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAjU597Cm-
- Part of Your World (from The Little Mermaid) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56tvDcuge4E
- Poor Unfortunate Souls (from The Little Mermaid, previous video removed from YouTube) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXeEBPkSec
- Who You Say I Am – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqRLEByE6pU
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me (from Toy Story) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFq8EIzFtkg
4. Have fun!
Remember, everyone who signs up will get a spot in the musical and regardless of your part, this will be a blast! You will meet new friends and have a great time rehearsing! Auditions are just for us to match your part with the type of talent you have.
Here is a list of parts that are available for the musical:
|Character||# of Lines|
|Guardian of the Gates One||22|
|Guardian of the Gates Two||16|
|Ensemble (munchkins, monkeys, court citizens, etc.)||n/a|