Sign up for an OZ audition time slot here! Auditions will be held on February 28th (Sunday) from 3pm- 5pm at Jackson Church (68 Bennetts Mills Rd., Jackson, NJ 08527). Everyone is welcome to participate, and everyone who auditions will get a part, although we are limited in the number of speaking parts available. What are we looking for in auditions? We’re mainly looking at how prepared you are as well as singing/acting ability. We definitely prefer that you’ve memorized the words to your monologue and song.
1. Sign up for the performing arts class
You can sign up for the class and choose an audition time here: Performing Arts Class. Auditions will be held in 10-minute blocks. Please arrive about 5-10 minutes early so that we can start right away!
2. Prepare a monologue
3. Optional: Prepare a song!
Listed below are suggested songs for auditions. Students are encouraged to prepare a song, however they may opt-out to be considered for a non-singing part. If you would like to use one of these songs you can choose to sing it a cappella (without music) or use the karaoke track. Each song listed has a link to the karaoke track that will be provided at auditions. If there is a song not listed below that you would like to sing a cappella at the auditions you may do so. Karaoke tracks can only be used with the songs listed below; we’ll only be providing the music, so please make sure you know the lyrics or bring them along!
- Almost There (from Princess and the Frog) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViDwVBdAc3k
- Beauty and the Beast (from Beauty and the Beast) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWoGvNofjbM
- Bippity Boppity Boo (from Cinderella) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdKRzIVWjkM
- Colors of the Wind (from Pocahontas) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_rpl4l4HE
- Cruella De Vil (from 101 Dalmatians) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wh8uCyfvs
- Go the Distance (from Hercules) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xswH-FZvwBQ
- Hakuna Matata (from The Lion King) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8ZSgZCeAQ
- In Christ Alone – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAjU597Cm-
- Part of Your World (from The Little Mermaid) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56tvDcuge4E
- Poor Unfortunate Souls (from The Little Mermaid, previous video removed from YouTube) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXeEBPkSec
- Who You Say I Am – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqRLEByE6pU
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me (from Toy Story) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFq8EIzFtkg
4. Have fun!
Remember, everyone who signs up will get a spot in the musical and regardless of your part, this will be a blast! You will meet new friends and have a great time rehearsing! Auditions are just for us to match your part with the type of talent you have.
|Character||# of Lines|
|Guardian of the Gates One||22|
|Guardian of the Gates Two||16|
|Ensemble (munchkins, monkeys, court citizens, etc.)||n/a|