We are looking forward to being back together again this fall! We have adjusted the program to support three types of classes; hybrid, outdoor, and virtual. Virtual classes will meet solely via Zoom, outdoor classes will meet on the lawn behind Jackson Church, and hybrid classes will alternate weeks being online or outdoors.
The guidelines below are for the hybrid and outdoor classes when meeting in person. We ask that all families abide by the guidelines for the safety of all of our teachers and participants.
- Masks must be worn to class. Once students are situated in their designated spots, teachers will allow students to remove masks as long as social distancing can be maintained throughout the class.
- Upon arrival, students in all JAM classes and parents who are attending art class will need to check in. At check in, temperatures will be checked using a touchless thermometer.
- If your child is showing any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, headache, fatigue, etc.) we ask that you please keep your child home.
- Students will need to bring their own beach towel or chair to sit on and will be spaced out in accordance with social distancing guidelines (at least 6 feet).
- Bathrooms will be open for emergencies only. We ask that you have your child use the bathroom before coming to class so that bathroom use is limited.
- If a teacher observes someone with COVID-19 symptoms, they will need to be isolated from the rest of the group outside and parents will be required to pick them up as soon as possible.
- If a child or parent who has attended a JAM class tests positive for COVID-19 they must notify the JAM committee.
- If a household member of a JAM student tests positive for COVID-19, that student must quarantine for 14 days before returning to JAM classes.
- JAM reserves the right to change any outdoor classes/hybrid classes to virtual at any time (e.g. weather, if we determine the class can’t be conducted safely- kids aren’t following distancing guidelines etc., government mandates change).
We are so excited to see everyone this fall and we are looking forward to all of the fun we will have in our JAM classes!
Updated Sept. 2, 2020