March 13, 2020
As you know, there have been many concerns about the spread of Coronavirus. We care deeply about the health and safety of our JAM family and have been monitoring the ongoing situation.
Currently all JAM classes are temporarily suspended.
We encourage all of our performers to continue to practice their lines and dances. We will be sending out an email with resources for doing so, including videos of everything done so far.
In general, JAM bases the status of classes on the status of the Jackson School District and/or Jackson Church. We will reach out to you via email and post an update on this page when classes start up again.
For more information, we invite you to visit these resources:
As always we encourage everyone to follow basic healthy behaviors:
- Wash your hands frequently. Use soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing. Keep 3 feet or 1 meter between yourself and anyone who is sneezing and coughing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Viruses can live on surfaces, where your hands may touch. Once on your hands, the virus may enter your body.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your bent elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissue immediately.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Call ahead for an appointment to limit your exposure to others.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider. Stay up-to-date on Coronavirus by checking reliable sources, such as the WHO, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and Global Health Tracker.